Artists' Studios Tour
Tour the private art studios of 12 BAA artists for a first hand look at their creative processes.
Saturday, March 25 from 10 – 4.
Student Art Exhibit & Sale
Friday, March 24th from 6 – 7:30 pm (Opening Reception)
& Saturday, March 25 from 10 am – 4 pm
Come check out the artwork and meet some awesome young artists.
BAA - PRICE TOWER NEWS
Dear Members and Friends of BAA,
- Our second annual ART-Full Day in the ‘Ville featuring a youth art show and studio tour of 12 artists is March 24 and 25. For more information go to www.bartlesvilleartassociation.org .
- The Summer Art Camp will be in June.
- A Paint Your Pet class is on April 1.
- We have a workshop with oil painter Ross Myers in May.
- The Annual Art Show at Lyon Gallery will begin in August. Jan Brieschke, a former local art teacher, will return to Bartlesville to teach a workshop on ink and watercolor and judge the annual art show.
- We continue to add classes and make plans weekly.
BAA Board President
Did you know you do not have to be an artist to join the BAA?
• For over 70 years now, art appreciators of all ages have joined to help support the arts in Bartlesville.
• Art improves the quality of life and supports economic development in our community.
• One of the reasons people choose Bartlesville as their home is because of its vibrant arts scene.
• A community full of art is a community full of culture!
Please consider joining now!
Art Classes at BAA
BAA art classes are open to members and non-members.
Craft a Pot of Felt Succulents
Kids Arts and Crafts with Kerri
Evening Watercolor Class for Beginners
Draw or Paint with Live Model
Paint Your Pet Party - April 1, 2023
Want to hear about new and upcoming art classes & events? Sign up for updates:
JOIN BAA EMAIL LIST
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
We are excited to be launching this new year with great activities for you. Check the BAA website for announcements of classes, workshops, and weekly meetings. Also follow us on Facebook: Bartlesville Art Association.
Our ongoing, free, Open Studio on Wednesdays from 1 to 3, chaired by Cheryl Bryan has averaged 17 attendees on the first Wednesdays of the month as she guides watercolor lessons. Bring your projects to work on with friends for a fun, social afternoon.
Janet Odden will resume “No Talent Tuesdays” in February for lessons in fundamentals of drawing, composition, and other foundational skills.
Cris Sundquist returns on Mondays beginning January 30 for 8 weeks of Drawing classes in the morning and painting (oils and acrylic) in the afternoon.
Paint Your Pet at 1 PM, Saturday, January 28, still has slots available. Valerie, the instructor, draws your pet’s picture on the canvas, selects colors, and makes it so easy and fun.
Ross Myers will conduct a 3-day workshop, May 17 – 19. Check online for details as they are posted.
101 classes are open for signups. Remember, you get one free class with every annual renewal of your membership. Make you selection online at the BAA website. The first one, Intro to Watercolor, is Saturday, February 25 at 1 PM and is taught by Amy Jenkins.
SAVE THE DATES!
We have BIG plans for the year beginning with our second ArtFULL Day in the ‘Ville. We plan to have a show of high school student art at the BAA with students showing their art and selling items. A reception will be held for them on Friday, March 24. On Saturday, March 25, we will again have studio tours of eight of our local artists and the student exhibit will be open all day. More details will follow as we complete planning.
Be thinking about what you want to submit for the 2023 Annual Art Show which will be at the Lyon Gallery at The Center during the month of September.
BAA Board President
Live Model Drawing Classes return to the BAA the first and third Sundays in March and April. Check back soon for details!
SAVE THE DATE!
2nd Annual ART-full Day in the ‘Ville set for March 24 & 25, 2023.